Wednesday 22 August 2012

Review: Corioliss C1


A couple of months ago my trusty hair straighteners decided to die on me, and as much as I wanted to replace them with GHD's, my little coin purse just didn't have enough pennies. So after much deliberation I decided on the Corioliss C1 in Red Leopard-


I love these things!

So this is the spec from the website-
  • Titanium Plates
  • Far Infrared Technology  (anyone care to enlighten me??)
  • Pro Variable Temp Control
  • Negative Ion
  • Dual Voltage
  • Pro 360° Swivel Cord
  • Floating Plates



So first of all, they look awesome! They have a matte black, slightly rubbery feeling with nice grip, and a glossy leopard print 'lining' so to speak (they also come in plain black and zebra print). The titanium floating plates glide across the hair with no snagging and no harsh edges which is great for when you want to curl your hair. They heat up pretty quickly, 30 seconds or so, and one major must have for me when it comes to straighteners is having a variable heat! This has variable temperature from 120C - 235C. My hair is quite fine and damaged, so I use a lower heat (around 180) when styling my own hair, and on my extensions I use a higher heat as they're thicker and slightly coarser.




These really only have two downsides, the first being that it doesn't have an 'auto-off'' feature after a while of being left on, (I have a really bad habit of leaving them on by accident! :s) and I wish the heat pouch rolled up instead of folding into it's triangle shape, as it takes up a lot of space when travelling! But other than those two things I absolutely love them! They make my hair feel soft and manageable without feeling like I'm frying my hair. Two massive thumbs up for Corioliss!




I bought mine here from Amazon.

xxx

1 comment: